Dr Jérôme Calvalido, oncologist
Dr. Calvalido graduated from the National Veterinary School of Toulouse (France) in 2011. He then did a small animal rotating internship at the University of Montreal, followed in 2012 by a specialized oncology internship at the DMV center, under the supervision of Dr. Hugues Lacoste.
Passionate about oncology, Dr. Calvalido was enrolled in the 3-year residency program of The University of Guelph (Ontario), in 2013. He passed the certifying examination in 2016, becoming a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM oncology).
In 2017, Dr. Calvalido got the chance to work at Tufts VETS, a specialty veterinary center affiliated to the renowned Tufts University near Boston (Massachusetts). He was in charge of creating an oncology service, and successfully turned it into a busy practice. After 2.5 years there, Dr. Calvalido seized the opportunity to move back to Montreal to join the oncology team at the DMV center, in September 2019.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS2016-Resident research award, oral presentation – ACVIM forum,Denver, USA
- ACVIM (American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine)
- OMVQ (Ordre des Médecins Vétérinaires du Québec)
PUBLICATIONS DU DR CALVALIDO
Dr. Calvalido is the author of several papers in scientific journals, both in North America and France. He has a strong interest in hematologic (lymphoma, leukemia, multiple myeloma, etc.) and endocrine (thyroid, insulinoma, etc.) cancers, and always seeks to provide his patients with the best possible quality of life..
- Correlation between body weight and mitoxantrone-associated neutropenia in dogs. Richardson D., Poirier VJ., Matsuyama A., Calvalido J. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2018 May/Jun; 54(3): 144-149.
- Conduite à tenir face aux effets secondaires lors d’une chimiothérapie anticancéreuse.
- Conduite à tenir dans la prise en charge d’une maladie métastatique. Calvalido J. Le Point Vétérinaire numéro special cancérologie canine et feline. 2017
- Comparison of serum cytokine levels between dogs with multicentric lymphoma and healthy dogs Calvalido J, Wood GA, Mutsaers AJ, Wood D, Sears W, Woods JP. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2016 Dec;182:106-114. doi: 10.1016/j.vetimm.2016.10.009. Epub 2016 Oct 1